Friday, April 22, 2011

Bread Pudding (with lots of LOVE!) :D



It's one of my many many favourite dessert. Never failed to indulge with it whenever we (my 'partner in crime', Salwana & me) went to Delifrance for lunch. Even better, at Delifrance, they serve it with Vanilla Ice Cream. Nyum... :)

I finally, successfully made some of it myself when I was at home, given MC by my doctor, two days back. I agree now when some say, "Cooking is a therapy..."

I didn't expect too much for this was my first try. But, to my surprise, it did turn out okay and most importantly, Keena & Rayyan love it so much. Watching them eating with all their hearts really made my day! (although it was my sick day!) Alhamdulillah, what more would a mother ask for? ;)

The Recipe:

5 pieces bread (I used Gardenia)
400ml coconut milk
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
100ml fresh milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisin
(if you like, you can also add 1 can of corn)


How to do?


1. Tear off bread and soak in coconut milk for a while.
2. Mix flour, milk and egg in mixer/blender.
3. Pour into bread & coconut milk.
4. Add vanilla essence,sugar & salt. Mix them well.
5. Add raisin & corn. Mix well again.
6. Put in oven - 180c for 1 hour. (But I don't have one, so I steamed them. Worked just fine!)

Tip: Put on a smile on your face throughout the process, and think of your loved ones. :)


Ingin terus meraih solehah, demi cinta kepada Allah.

1 comment:

  1. Salam kunjungan.. singgah la ke blog saya;)

    http://www.zuwairiaiman.com

    ReplyDelete