Saturday, January 7, 2012

Always A Student



I am so looking forward to kick-start my ACCA classes this semester. I still have two fundamental papers to complete - F7 (Financial Reporting) & F8 (Audit & Assurance) before I can move on to professional papers. Initially, I planned to take both papers this semester, but after browsing through the syllabuses, I feel that taking one paper at a time for both papers will probably give me more opportunity to really digest the knowledge. Furthermore, both papers relate closely to my field of work at the moment and I also feel I lack knowledge in those fields. 

So, yesterday at registration I signed up for F7 paper and started class immediately. I loved the subject and my lecturer is also very good. Alhamdulillah... Really can't wait for another 63 hours of classes with him and I hope I gain knowledge and will be able to apply them in my work. Oh Allah, please give me strength and patience.

I found this article on iluvislam.com about 'Adab Menuntut Ilmu' which I love and will surely try to put them into action:

1. Niat Yang Ikhlas ('lillahi taala', of course!) 
2. Beradab Dengan Orang Yang Memberi Ilmu
3. Bersabar Dalam Menuntut Ilmu
4. Tulis Setiap Apa Yang Dipelajari
5. Rendah Diri
6. Menjauhi Kenyang Yang Berlebihan
7. Kurangkan Tidur
8. Jauhi Kata-Kata Yang Tidak Bermanfaat

And just a reminder to myself, more importantly, in this quest of gaining 'dunya' knowledge, let's not forget to seek the most eternal knowledge of Islam, Iman & Ihsan. From Imam Al-Bukhari: "Sebaik-baik kalian ialah yang belajar Al Quran dan mengajarkannya kepada orang lain."


No comments:

Post a Comment